Thursday, April 16, 2015

Every Day Steampunk: Shoes

As much as I love my Steampunk I can't wear my goggles and corsets to work or out shopping.  (At least not always.)  So the next best thing is for me to add a little bit of Steampunk to my everyday wardrobe.  

Today's everyday steampunk: Shoes!!!






This pair I designed after searching high and low for an affordable pair of Steampunk inspired shoes.  I took a plain pair of lace shoes, threaded some pink lace and sewed on gears and cameo's. (Have I mentioned I might have a slight obsession with cameo's.)  I made this a few years ago and I'm proud to say they've held up very well.   When I'd made these I had never really done anything outside of my jewelry and my first pair of goggles.  It was fun to branch out to new mediums and this set remains one of my favorite pair of shoes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment