Monday, April 20, 2015

Something New! Key Wirewrap Pendant

So I've decided that, to get my butt in gear I am assigning certain blog topics for certain days to encourage me to make regular updates.  So starting today, Monday is officially Something New.  So every Monday I will be showing a new piece I've created before I add it to sell either online or though market.  I picked Monday since it is the start of a new workweek so lets start it with something new.  I'm hoping this will not only encourage regular blog updates but also get me to work on new pieces and take pictures of said pieces also meaning more items to post on etsy.  What are the other assigned days, you ask?  Well I guess you'll just have to follow to check out.  Anyway lets get to the new item which will soon be avaliable for sale here.

Today's something new: Wirewrap Key Pendant: 




This is one of my many new pendants that have come out of my latest wire wrapping obsession.  Almost the entire pendant, (except for the key) is attached with wire.  Even the base is a wire base that I wrapped the gear around.  I experimented with wire bases a few years ago after finding a book on making them. I recently found the pictures of some of the older pieces that came from them and forgot how much liked them and decided to do some new ones.  They take a bit longer to do than my washer necklaces and are a bit harder on the wrist but the results are just great.  They are a great project for me to do when I'm out and about or at my desk at work because I need very little glue or resin for them.  I've done quite a few lately so look forward to seeing the either here or on my etsy.








No comments:

Post a Comment