Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Something Old: Amber Dream




To partner with my new item Monday we now have Old Item Tuesday where I'll be showing some older pieces.  These will either be one's I've made or some of the favorite pieces from my collection or even pieces that have an interesting story.  This is one of my older ones that I made when I first started out.  What makes the piece interesting is that this is the final product of a piece I remade.  Any artist will tell you that there are times you make something and think it looks fine then come back to it later and go "What was I thinking?"  This was one of those.  I don't even have the original because I deleted it a while back out of embarrassment when I was doing some picture house cleaning.  But remade it was and I was much happier with the final result. (Which sold much quicker I may say)  I guess if this piece had a moral it would be that it's never to late to recreate yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment