Friday, August 21, 2015

Everyday Steampunk : Handbags

Today’s daily bit of steam is something  most women (and some men) just can’t do without: Handbags.


 This one is one of my favorites,  I purchased it from Modcloth. .  It’s one of my favorites for two reasons.  The first one is obviously the vintage feel and giant key gives it a steampunk vibe.  I looked around quite a bit before I could find one that not only had the style I wanted but one that was large enough to fit all my little daily items and occasionally my laptop or tools.  It was a little more than what I would normally pay for a purse but it's functional as well as pretty.  It works well for my day to day bag.
The second reason this bag is one of my favorites is that it marks the end of a very bad period I went through last year.  About June of last year I was laid off from my job, and while it was a job that I didn’t like to begin with it was at the time my only source of income.   It was a rough period for me. I had gone from working steadily since high school to being completely out of work.  My jewelry business was not at the point that I could support myself financially on it and a lot of things I had been looking forward to (wedding, moving in with my fiance, ect...) had to be put off.   I didn't like it and hit a really low point emotionally.   Luckily I had the support of my family and friends and after a few months I was able to land a job with a great company.  I've been there for six months now and couldn't be happier.  This bag was purchased with my second paycheck (the first went to some needed bills).  So it helps to remind me of not only that God has a path for me but that bad times do eventually pass and good things are waiting around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment