Monday, March 16, 2015

I Had A Bad Morning Yesterday

Yesterday I had a bad morning.  It started out simple enough with me going to cut my hair.  We were having a surprise party for my dad later that day and I had a plan all set out.  I would go to my normal beauty shop Fantastic Sams around ten or eleven get my hair done, spend some time with my fiance Robert before leaving to go to my grandparents house where the party would be.  As you can guess things did not go as planned.  The first hitch in the plan was my not realizing that Fantastic Sam's closed on Sunday.  No big deal.  I could run up to the mall.  There were a few hair places there I'm sure one would be open.  Well I got there and neither was open however the first place I stopped by had a sign that they would be open at noon.  That would be fine I would still have time to cut my hair and be on time for the party there would just be a little less time to spend with Robert.  So I stroll over to the Starbucks in the mall which was nearby to kill some time over coffee and a pastry.  At this time I begin texting back and forth with my best friend who is also having a rough morning (I'd rather not go into details for her privacy.)  enough that I am getting slightly anxious for her.  Noon comes around so I get up and go back to the shop...its still not open.  I see another lady waiting as well.  I decide to give it a few minutes to see if maybe they are still doing set up or perhapse a team meeting that went a bit over.  After about five minutes I look over at the other lady waiting, we lock eyes and she points at her watch and shrugs.  I shrug back thinking I am glad that I don't have an appointment.  We can see a person moving around in the back but she never comes forward to let us know it'll be a moment or to open so we can come in and sit.  At 12:15 I am done waiting and walk over to the other shop in the mall which has their doors open at least.  There was a 30 minute wait before me but they were all military gentlemen so the lady told me it may take less time.  I was slightly concerned because I was not sure how long it would take to cut my hair but decided to chance it and sat down to wait now stressed and slight anxiety turning into heavy anxiety.  I took out my skratch pad I always keep on my for jewelry ideas and began to scribble. (A stress reliever for me) 
Finally my name was called and a sweet lady named Jasmine sat me down.  That is where things began to turn around.  She and I had a fun conversation that started with her asking about my sketch pad and if I liked art.  We talked about disney, food, family and all sorts of things as she washed and styled my hair.  (I swear she had magic hands.) I soon began to feel better and calm.  We were done with enough time to meet up with Robert and drive to the party where I spend the rest of the day celebrating with family.  My father was pleasantly surprised. We had cake, I played with my two year old niece and nephew Cal and Lux and played pass the baby with Lux's new two week old sister Veda.   Later on that evening I made Robert some lasagna and he set up World of Warcraft on my computer so we could play together. (For the Horde!!!)  
So yes I had a very bad morning.  But the good thing about that bad morning is that it turned into a wonderful day.  It was a nice little reminder for when you go though bad times that they will eventually get better.  And those bad times help you appreciate the better all the more.  Whether it is a bad morning or a bad year.  Just remember that something good is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment