Friday, March 6, 2015

Past Favorites: Part 1

Hello there bloggers!  Still getting my blogging legs done so I thought that I would start out with a few getting to know me articles.  And since the main focus of my blog is about promoting my jewelry I thought I would begin by sharing a few of my favorite pieces I've made in the past.  I'm going to start out small with just three pieces to begin with a single piece every week or a top ten list of pieces either I've either made or are from my personal collection or that I desire with every fiber of my being to own or even a collection of vintage pieces.  Please let me know what you would like to see.  And with out further adieu lets get started.  

 Rose Winged Necklace

This one was a bit of a collaboration between me and another friend of mine as a gift for another friend of ours.  She came to me with the rose cameo and the gold heart and asked me to convert it into a necklace for our friend who loves all manner of pretty girly things.  It was a bit of a challenge at first because I wanted the rose to add to it without taking away from the centerpiece.  I came across these wings at a craft store a while ago and thought that it matched well with the gold of the heart pendent which I attached the rose cameo to.  The shell base came from a stack of colored shells that I was given.  (A good deal of what I use to make jewelry I either find, take apart or is given to me.)  The light pink of the shell was just enough to make the pink of the flowers stand pop out and added as a nice base I could attach the wings too.  I'm happy to say our friend loved this piece and still owns it today.  This was a fun pendant to do because of the challenge it presented and because of the opportunity to make not only one but two friends happy.  Making it one of my favorite pieces out of the many I have made.

Please comment and stop by my shop.  I'd love to hear from your and what you would like to know about me or my jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment