Monday, June 6, 2016

30 Day challenge: Day 5: Growing up



I’m not quite sure what I’m supposed to put this one.  I’ve already described a good bit of my childhood and I don’t really want to get repetitive.  I may keep this one brief.

I spent most of my life in Florida.  As mentioned in the 10 facts about myself I did live briefly in Scotland when I was stationed there.  We moved back when I was about 4.  I have a few memories of Scotland but mostly small stuff like the apartment we lived in, the park that was nearby and some of the castles we visited.  (And sheep, lots of sheep.)

I did lots of dance growing up; ballet, modern, jazz and even a bit of tap.    I always loved visiting my grandparents.  My Mamaw and Papa always had lots of books and craft supplies on hand I could play with like paints and pastels.  My Nana and D-dad have a huge property that I spent a good bit of my childhood exploring, swimming in their pool, or picking honeysuckles and blackberries.  I loved being a wild child of the forest on those weekends.  I also spent a lot of time at the beach as a kid.  Growing up on the Gulf I practically grew up on the shore or fishing out in the Gulf.  Still do.

In addition to dance I was also did chorus and played the flute in band though all of middle school and high school.  I had a few close friends (some who I still see regularly).  The first time I actually ever sold my goods for money was in high school.  We had this annual art festival called “Art on the Green.” My Senior year I decided to participate selling mosaic boxes that a I had made.  I remember really liking the atmosphere and the satisfaction of selling something I made.  I could never have dreamed that it would expand so.   That I would actually start making money off of things that I create.  Truth be told I still feel like I have to pinch myself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment